According to Prevent Blindness America, one in four school-age children have vision problems, that if left untreated, can affect learning ability, personality and adjustment in school. In order to improve your child’s learning ability, it’s best to schedule a mid-year, back-to-school eye exam should you see any of the warning signs below.
Does your child do any of the following:
- Sit too close to the TV?
- Hold a book too close to the face?
- Squint or tilt his/her head to see better?
- Frequently rub his/her eyes?
- Closes one eye to read or watch TV?
- Avoids activities that requires near vision, including reading, homework, or recreational activities?
- Complains of headaches/tired eyes?
- Avoids the computer because it hurts his/her eyes?
- Receives lower grades despite exponential effort?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then it’s time to schedule an eye exam for your child at Valuvision. One of our specialized, friendly eye care specialists performs a thorough evaluation of your child’s eye care needs to provide an educational and social advantage after the holiday break is over.